Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Birch Bender VoxPerk Review and Vlog!

     Hello there everyone! I know that some of you have been waiting ever so patiently for me to pot this blog and vlog and the time has finally arrived!!! I apologize for how long it has taken me to get this done. I had to edit 56 minutes of video down to 10 and that took quite sometime as I am learning Imovie and Final Cut. I am brand new to the world of vlogging and I have a lot to learn.
     Lets get to what you really came here for though... Pancakes. My order shipped very quickly and arrived on time which already made me very happy. The box that the jars arrived in was very nice, as were all the jars. The labels are very nicely printed and are rally very nice to look at. Each jar made around 2 to 3 pancakes which is pretty good for "trial size" jars. I ordered the sampler package because I was very interested in the Gluten-Free pancakes, as every other brand I have tried has been horrible, but I have family and friends who are not on dietary restrictions and I wanted to share the love.
     The sampler came with Original, Gluten-Free, Banana Buckwheat, Chocolate Chip, Ginger Spice, 6-Grain Cinnamon, and White Chocolate Macadamia. They are very simple to prepare as each jar has a fill line that you add water to and then you just shake away. I do suggest that you shake every jar very well and maybe move it around with a knife because it does tend to settle and stick to the bottom. I do have to say that they cooked very well, they didn't fall apart all over the place and every flavor was delicious.
     The Gluten-Free ones were the most amazing Gluten-Free pancakes ever. I will never eat another brand of pancake again. I did risk the stomach ache and try the other flavors as well and those were all delicious as well! My friends all enjoyed them and said that if offered the opportunity they would order them as well. Needless to say I think I have found a few Birch Bender fans! If you are offered the VoxPerk I would definitely redeem it. Here is a short review of each flavor based on my friends as well as my opinion:

Original: Very light and fluffy. Very good 'normal' pancake flavor, very good for those without adventurous taste buds.
Gluten-Free: I had a hard time believing that these were Gluten-Free. Amazing flavor with no weird offending after taste or texture that you get with a lot of Gluten-Free foods. Light and fluffy.
Banana Buckwheat: Not heavy like the think batter would lead you to believe. Light banana flavor, not too over powering. Definitely a hardy but not heavy pancake.
Chocolate Chip: A-MA-ZING. Light, fluffy and delicious. All four of us liked these a lot. Batter is really think, we added a little extra water and they came out perfect.
Ginger Spice: They smell great and look and taste even better. We dubbed these "Pretty Pancakes' because they are a very pretty orangery/pink color. The ginger flavor isn't overpowering, just enough to give it a great flavor.
6-Grain Cinnamon: WoW!!! Light and fluffy just like all the others with a great cinnamon flavor. No strange grainy after taste or texture, just yummy to eat and great to smell while cooking.
White Chocolate Macadamia: Shake up and mix very well. Seems like a thin batter but cooks very nicely. Good flavor, not too nutty, with slivers of macadamia nut through out. Be careful when you start to get to the bottom of the jar when pouring, if you aren't the nut slivers will end up right in the middle of your last pancake and you will end up with a funny looking one because it is almost impossible to flip.

     I hope this was helpful to you all and what you have been looking for. I will post the Vlog below, it is definitely good for a few laughs. Thank you again to my friends for all your help and lending me your taste buds for the evening!! Much Love, Roo



No comments:

Post a Comment