Friday, August 15, 2014

Sally Hansen Vox Box: From Start to Finish

     Hey there everyone!! As most of you know I have been an Influenster member since June 2014 and I have already received my fist VoxBox with a physical, testable item. I was super psyched to start the entire process of getting the product, testing, reviewing and completing Influenster tasks to unlock the badge! My first 2 Vlogs didn't record properly unfortunately, but thats ok because I wore the Miracle Gel for 10 days straight before I finally had to redo my nails and reshoot the Vlog so I was able to give a very honest and reliable review of the product. With all that being said I have decided to wrote a blog covering from start to finish the details of obtaining the VoxBox, testing & trial, reviewing and the tasks that I completed to unlock the Sally Hansen Badge.

So we will start off with the notification that I received from Influenster about possibly qualifying for the VoxBox:


     This is the email I got and when I did I knew that I could possibly be in for a treat very soon. I took the survey and submitted it, it only took about 5 minutes, and the waiting started. I figured I would be waiting a while to hear back from them, but I was wrong. I had received the initial survey email on June 27 and on July 25 I received the email confirming that I had qualified the the up and coming VoxBox:


     I was so excited!! I love doing my nails and I have been looking for a good quality nail polish. I had considered purchasing the LED Gel Nail sets, but I just couldn't justify spending that much money. I had seen the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in the drugstore but was hesitant to buy it. There was a 3 step gel kit available for a while and I had tried it. It destroyed my nails. It would crack, break and chip and take an entire layer of my nail off!! No good. I am crazy about my nails and this 3 step process was tearing them apart. So needless to say I was very excited to be getting this new 2 step program to try. I figured that I would be waiting a while to receive my VoxBox, wrong again!!


      I got this email on July 31!! That is only 6 days after they notified me that I had qualified for the Sally Hansen Vox Box! If you ask me I think that was pretty speedy!! At this point I figured it wouldn't be long before I got my Sally Hansen Miracle Mani VoxBox in the mail. I checked the tracking number and it shipped the following day, and I got it via USPS on August 2.
Once I got the box I went to Influenster.com and checked in my VoxBox. I just went to the "Campaigns" section and then clicked the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel VoxBox block. I then just clicked on "Check in my VoxBox". All I had to do then was wait a few days for the Badge Page to open so I could start completing tasks. At this point I decided that I could start testing the product. I attempted to film a Vlog and unfortunately my Photo Booth program on my Mac didn't record the sound. I then attempted to record audio to lay over the video and cut and edit the video and lay the sound over it... EPIC FAIL. I was up until 5 in the morning trying so hard to figure it all out and it just wasn't happening so I finally gave up.

Here is a crop of a screen shot of the Badge Page:




     From there I just decided to record another Vlog when I redid my manicure, Click Here To View My Vlog. Well that took 10 days to happen, 10 DAYS! Thats crazy! As I said in one of my previous blogs it never chipped, it just wore down at the tips and I just couldn't deal with the re-growth any more so I had to paint my nails. I tried to shoot a video to show the removal of the polish but my Photo Booth failed AGAIN! So needless to say I will shoot another video when I take the polish off again. I loved 2 Step Gel Manicure so much I went out and bought a new color. Its a beautiful metallic teal color. A friend of mine tried it and she loves how it came out. I will be filming a removal and trial Vlog of the new color in about a week or two.
     When the Badge Page opened (I am not too sure when that happened* because I was on a vacation to Boston Comic Con for four days, if you would like to hear about that just leave a comment below.) I began to do the tasks required.




     As you can see I have already completed 2 of the required tasks. I am currently in touch with tech support at Influenster because I am having issues with completing the third. I went to SallyHansen.com and wrote my review and took a screen shot. When I go to submit it on the badge page and I click on the upload photo option it won't open.


     I am just waiting on a final response from them. I am not too concerned right now because I have the screen shot and there are still 23 days left to complete the last task. I wont start to panic until its down to 10 days left. I am very confident in the Influenster Team though. I have reported issues the them before and they usually handle it very quickly. 
     So far it has been smooth sailing and very easy to complete all the tasks. I know as soon as I am able to upload the photo it will be very easy to do. Influenster makes their site very easy to navigate and very simple to complete tasks. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. I am also currently waiting on the to get back to me about adding the Influenster Blog Widget to my page, so hopefully that will be making an appearance soon. 
     I hope you all enjoyed this blog entry. I will have a few more to come this evening or tomorrow. I am going to be attending the MYNY product launch in New York City in Madison Square Park on August 19 so I will have a Vlog and blog entry about that, and I also qualified for a VoxPerk from Birch Benders that I redeemed so I will have a Vlog and blog entry about that as well. 
Thanks for reading!

* UPDATE: When going through my email I found this email on the date that the Badge Page opened, August 5:





No comments:

Post a Comment